Meet Alex Keenan, an expert in all Private Client & Agricultural Law
Alex is a private client solicitor, notary public, Fellow and Council Member of the Agricultural Law Association. He specialises in advising farmers and landowners on their wills, tax and succession planning.
Areas of expertise
Alex can advise on most areas of private client, trust and tax law as well as wider agricultural issues. His recent work has included:
- Trust administration and acting as a professional trustee for agricultural trust funds and will trusts;
- Powers of attorney for owner managed businesses and estates;
- Will drafting for farmers and landowners;
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax advice for farmers and land owners;
- Specialist tax advice in relation to the surrender of Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 tenancies;
- Farming Partnership Agreements;
- Family Investment Companies;
- Stamp Duty Land Tax, especially in a rural context;
- Estate administration for large or complex estates including cross border estates and those involving trusts;
- Dissolution and winding up of trust funds;
- Ten Yearly Inheritance Tax Charge returns and planning for relevant property regime trusts;
- Short, medium and long term tax planning for farmers with development land encompassing CGT and IHT planning as well as practical succession planning advice for farmers anticipating residential development on their land;
- Advice in relation to the Balfour test and the inheritance tax treatment of diversified farm businesses.
To find out more about Alex’s expertise, click here.